View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 09:47 PM

Well, I went to the opthalmologist, and she didn't seem too concerned about my dry eyes, she said they weren't as bad as they could be. So she put me on lubricating drops (Systane is what they're called) and told me to come again in 2 weeks to see how they're working.

I asked about PRK, and she said that they really don't prefer to use it because it has longer recovery time, your eyes are more sensitive and prone to infection because the flap is completely removed, rather than replaced with the regular lasik.

She also said that with my large pupils, she would recommend the custom Lasik with wavefront technology because it allows them to get a more precise, tailored surgery that is specific to my eyes. Since my pupils contract a lot in the light (down to 3-4 mm), she said that glare or haloes shouldn't be a problem if I get the custom Lasik.

I have one other question though. The opthalmologist who saw me for this consultation was very nice and willing to answer my questions, however she is not the opthalmologist who will be doing my surgery. Is that kind of weird? Or is that typical? I have been assured that the surgeon is very nice and has good credentials, but I just find it weird that I didn't consult with the person who would be doing the surgery first.