The Lasik MD Laser Eye Surgery Forum

Go Back   The Lasik MD Laser Eye Surgery Forum > Am I a Candidate?

Old 02-28-2011, 02:20 AM

Exclamation Am i eligible

Dear all,

I am vairavel . I have done cornea eligibility scan for laser treatment and found 480 micron at left eye and 510 micron at right side. Am i eligible to go for laser treatment? . My diopter is -9.5 at left eye and -11 at right side.

If possible please tell me which vision correction procedure can be followed for me.

Thanks
Old 03-04-2011, 07:16 PM
Administrator

Hi,

It is somewhat unusual for corneal thickness to vary by 30 microns between eyes. You may want to ask your surgeon to consider remeasuring.

Regardless, in the United States, most surgeons would likely recommend a phakic IOL, such as the Visian ICL, for a patient with your measurements. We don't currently have information about these lenses on our web site, but we plan to in the future.

A few surgeons may offer you PRK. Didn't the surgeon who did your evaluation make a recommendation for you? Unfortunately, we cannot tell you which procedure to go for. There is a lot more that goes into the decision than what you have provided and only a surgeon who actually examines you can make such a decision.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:10 PM

Default Dear admin,

Dear admin,

Thanks for the reply. May i am stupid to ask this question, is there any way to increase cornea thickness?

And can u suggest any hospital which can deal the issues like mine?

Regards,
vairavel
Old 03-06-2011, 07:20 PM
Administrator

Hi,

Unfortunately, there is no way to increase your corneal thickness. We cannot recommend a specific hospital. It would make sense to call some local surgeons and tell them that you have thin corneas and ask them if they do phakic iols.