New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

rlkowalski
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 20 March 2006 :  15:27:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is this normal? I'm one week post-custom LASIK. At the one-day follow up, I was 20/15 out of my right eye, 20/20 out of my left. A couple of days later, my left eye has improved to 20/15, but my right eye is 20/30. Dr. says my corneal flaps are healing well, and that the vision in the right eye may be improve over the coming weeks. It's just driving me nuts! The equivalent of having a contact in one eye and not the other. Wierd.

Since I was initially seeing so well out of it the first day, is it possible that the eye just has some deep inflamation that could be causing this? Or, do you suspect I will need an enhancement?

Any information you can give me would help.

Dr. Q
Average Member

USA
27 Posts

Posted - 21 March 2006 :  01:00:54  Show Profile  Visit Dr. Q's Homepage  Send Dr. Q a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hi,

It is normal for the vision to fluctuate early on. Often, if all else is healing well, dryness / tear film instability is the cause and artificial tears such as preservative free Systane will help. Only your doctor can tell you if inflammation is present. It is way too early to think about an enhancement. If you are satisfied with your doctor's assessment that all is healing well, continued observation is in order. Please let us know how you are doing after your next visit.

Dr Q

For LASIK in Arizona, visit http://www.hqvision.com
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Lasik.MD and LaserEyeSurgery.MD Forum © Eyevolume Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000