New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic   

nconco
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 19 November 2002 :  14:58:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just had LASIK two weeks ago and since, there seems to be a little more hazyness with farsightness and nearsightness. I have been informed that most likely I have, since the LASIK, acquired a litle more farsightness than expected. Therefore, I have been given one set of contacts to wear for three weeks and told to add one drop of ACULAR every four hours until my next appointment. When asked for the reason, it was expalined that this procedure might help flatten the cornea. May I ask if this is a common correct procedure for this problem. And would not the cornea eventuly return to an abnormal state after losing the contacts.

Dr. Q
Average Member

USA
27 Posts

Posted - 08 December 2002 :  23:39:31  Show Profile  Visit Dr. Q's Homepage  Send Dr. Q a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hi,

The treatment you describe was presented at the 2002 meeting of the American Academy of Ophthalmology by Dr. Jay McDonald II. The data seem to show some effect at lessening farsightedness. However, many surgeons share your concern over the long-term effectiveness.

Dr. Q

For LASIK in Arizona, visit http://www.halevision.com
Go to Top of Page

anonymous
Error
Error

0 Posts

Posted - 18 June 2003 :  17:38:43  Show Profile  Visit anonymous's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i was told i need to have lasik surgery again because my head did not fit in the table properly and an assistant held my head down rather tightly while the procedure was performed thereby resulting in incorrect cuts. i had to wear a contact lens overnight in one eye to hold the flap closed.my vision is worse than before i had surgery. i can no longer read a magazine or newspaper without the aide of very thick reading glasses. i did not need glasses to read before this.do you think that my vision can be corrected with more surgery???
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Q
Average Member

USA
27 Posts

Posted - 24 June 2003 :  13:44:11  Show Profile  Visit Dr. Q's Homepage  Send Dr. Q a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I am sorry to hear about your problem. However, without knowing exactly what took place and what your measurements are now it is impossible for me to help you understand your condition. If you could ask your surgeon what the diagnosis is for your problem, then that may help.

For LASIK in Arizona, visit http://www.halevision.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic   
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Lasik.MD and LaserEyeSurgery.MD Forum © Eyevolume Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000