chronic pain
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

1 Posts

Posted - 08 April 2003 :  13:53:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had lasik surgery on both eyes about 2 months ago. My vision is great (near 20/20 in both eyes). My eyes are still a little dry, especially in the evenings but have improved significantly. I have had pain in one eye every since the surgery that feels different than the dry eyes. It only hurts when air is blowing into my eye (even when walking down the hallway at work). The only way I can describe it is that it feels like I have a nerve ending exposed to the air. When I had the surgery, I experienced pain in the same eye when the flap was cut making it very difficult not to try to close my eyes.
My eye doctor (different from the laser surgeon) has been following me closely and has done the eye staining twice (the first time stained a little which he thought might have meant a particle under the flap, the second time there was no staining) and he tried putting me on steroid drops for a week which did not help, and he says the flaps looks great. He is continuing to monitor my progress with frequent exams.
Is it possible there is an exposed nerve? If so, is there anything that can be done or will it eventually heal?
Thanks!

Dr. Q
Average Member

USA
27 Posts

Posted - 19 April 2003 :  18:17:47  Show Profile  Visit Dr. Q's Homepage  Send Dr. Q a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hi,

Unfortunately, an answer to your question is really not possible without an exam. From what I gather, you are basically experiencing pain, but have no diagnosis as to its cause or treatment plan. I would suggest that you call your surgeon and insist on being seen by him or her.

As far as some general thoughts are concerned, pain is quite uncommon after LASIK. Two potential causes are dryness and problems with the healing of the surface layer known as the epithelium. These are both topics for discussion with your surgeon, as is the remote possibility that you have developed a problem unrelated to LASIK.

For LASIK in Arizona, visit http://www.halevision.com
Go to Top of Page

anonymous
Error
Error

0 Posts

Posted - 03 November 2004 :  09:16:11  Show Profile  Visit anonymous's Homepage  Reply with Quote
After about 6 months the pain went away and I have not had any more problems with my eyes. The dry eyes went away completely as well.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Lasik.MD and LaserEyeSurgery.MD Forum © Eyevolume Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000